We are looking to add Finishing Carpenters to our growing team.
Van’s Lumber & Custom Builders Inc. is a local family-owned business with over 70 years of experience. Van’s creates some of the area’s most exceptional custom homes and commercial spaces. We’re not just an ordinary lumberyard. Owned and operated by three generations of the VandenHouten family, we are proud to have brought Van’s to where it is today and what we stand for in the construction industry.
Role: Finishing Carpenter will assist the Forman in all phases of finish construction including but not limited to: installing door systems, hanging doors, boring locks, stair systems, ceiling tongue and groove paneling, suspended ceilings, casing, base and chair rail, crown molding, hardwood flooring, closet shelving installation and installing windows.
• Reports directly to Foreman
• Follow and enforce company safety policies
• Ability to use the following tools: pneumatic tools,
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Constant climbing, lifting, bending, lifting above your head and working on your knees
• Occasional heights up to 30 feet
• High School
• Proven strength in math and problem solving skills are essential
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills needed to work with job coordinators, subcontractors and home owners
• Works well under deadlines
Van’s Lumber offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, friendly team atmosphere, opportunity for advancement, and valuable training with experienced professionals.
Many of our employees have stayed with Van’s for the duration of their career. Discover why it’s great to work at Van’s!